Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Week of Family

We have been really busy this past week and have had lots of visitors, too. Here's an update on what we've been doing...

1. I've started back at school. After teaching reading for 1 year and then 2nd grade for 4 years I am now moving to kindergarten. Was this my choice? No...but I am looking forward to the change. Unfortunately I had to take the Praxis test last Saturday. I feel like I did a pretty good on it but we won't get my test scores back until the 2nd week of school at the earliest. If I don't pass it then I'll have to move to 1st grade after I've already bonded with my adorable little kindergartners for 2 weeks.


2. Kaitlynn has gone up with me a couple of days to "help" get my new room ready. She even fell asleep on her back which NEVER happens and on her own, too! One of the other teachers daughters were up there last week and Luci was a wonderful help with Kaitlynn and even rocked her to sleep once!

3. Aunt Annie was back visiting from Wisconsin so her and Grammy and Grandpa Sewing came down on Friday and Saturday. We had a wonderful time hanging out with them. We miss Annie a lot but we know that her and Jake are getting used to married life and are enjoying venturing around Wisconsin! Kaitlynn is so lucky to have such an awesome aunt and she loves you so much! She gave Kaitlynn a little gift for her baby blessing and it's an adorable bracelet with a cross on it and a book.
Here she is sporting her new bracelet.
This is my new favorite picture. How adorable is it that she is looking right at the magazine with her arm over Annie's?!?

I'm looking at Grandpa's watch...
...I'm eating Grandpa's watch!
Seeing what she might look like with hair some day!Gotta practice that walking

Here she is "chatting" away with Grammy and Aunt Annie...Enjoy!


4. My mom has been here the past couple of days to help do bulletin boards, etc. She was a HUGE help and hopefully I'll be able to stay in that room! Grandpa Rex got to babysit his favorite granddaughter while we were up at school. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them together but I know they had fun playing together!

We did get a cute video of her laughing with Grandma Cindy...finally! Sorry that I was holding the camera up and down.


5. Here are some cute pictures of our lovable, chubby little angel! This was before her bath the other night.
Hee hee!
I love my snuggle bug so much!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I still can't get over how talkative Kaitlynn is now! I had so much fun with her this past weekend:)

Love,
Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

I had to listen to Kaitlynn laughing before I went to work today. What a way to begin the day!! Grandpa and Grandma had so much fun with you this week and Grandma will be back in a few days. She can't wait.

Have fun this weekend

Love you,
Grandma Cindy & Grandpa Rex