Thursday, September 4, 2008

Family, Blessing, Friends

Sorry it's been so long since an update. Things have been pretty crazy at my school and with Matt's work hours I'm pretty much a single mom after I pick Kaitlynn up at the babysitter so there isn't much free time to do anything, let alone add to the blog. Hopefully things will start to slow down now and I'll be able to update a little more often.

2 weekends ago we went up to Iowa to visit my family. My aunt, uncle and cousins were here from New York. We had a great time seeing everyone.
Most of the grandkids and wives/husbands
Doing her stretching with her great-great grandad Loren.
My uncle Mark always dresses up and initiates any new boyfriend/girlfriend who comes to a family gathering. This time my cousin Taylor brought his girlfriend for the first time so of course this is how Mark welcomed her!
Here's the Hardie Clan
This past weekend we went up to Council Bluffs for Kaitlynn's baby blessing.
Macee (my parent's dog) loves Kaitlynn. She kept rolling her ball right up to her thinking that she would throw it for her! Every once in a while her arm would randomly hit it away and Macee would go chase it!
My dad gave the blessing and Matt's dad gave the sermon. It was a beautiful service and we were so glad to have so much family there to share the special moment with us.
Hanging out with Grandpa Rex after the blessing and lunch.

Unfortunately the setting on my camera got switched so all of our pictures are very blurry.
Yum Yum! I wonder if these taste like strawberry?
Here she is in her adorable lady bug outfit her "Aunt" Joanne gave her. Oh yes...it's 6-9 month size!

I went over to Dan & Dana's house the other night and Kaitlynn and Courtney got to play together. It was funny watching them because they sort of looked at each other and took whatever toy was closest. It's also interesting because they are so close in age (10 days), but yet doing many different things. Kaitlynn is rolling in all directions and ALL over the place and Courtney has decided she doesn't care to roll over anymore. Courtney showed Kaitlynn how well she can sit up by herself, although Kaitlynn isn't quite interested yet!
Courtney kept trying to play with the toy on Kaitlynn's exersaucer and you could tell by her expression that Kaitlynn wasn't too sure she wanted to share it!! Don't you just wonder what they're thinking sometimes?

1 comment:

dana said...

I am glad we got to see you and Kaitlynn (finally)! I know the girls had fun and I am sure they will enjoy sharing toys one day! I forgot that we also have lady bug shoes from Jo that we will have to break out for fall!