Sunday, May 31, 2009

Iowa Visit

We went up to Iowa this weekend because I had the week off before summer school starts and Matt was off Wednesday-Friday. We took advantage of free grandparent babysitters and celebrated our 5 year anniversary Wednesday night. My parent's kept Kaitlynn over night and we had a great time relaxing and having some time to just the 2 of us. We stayed the other 2 nights with Matt's parents so Miss K got plenty of attention!
Helping Mommy open some early birthday gifts. Fun stuff for the top of our kitchen cabinets!
I think the plate stand works better on my face!
Trying out Mommy's rocking chair. She also loved to get up and down in Daddy's old rocking chair at Grammy and Granpa Sewing's house.
This is her new look when she isn't happy with something. It's not exactly the cutest face in the world! I'm pretty sure the pouty lip is going to get more sympathy then this!
Us girls have been stuck at home all weekend without a vehicle so as you can tell, we've had a lot of time to play! She was being really silly yesterday and was cracking herself up playing with a box. I got some cute videos, too!
She's really been into looking at books lately.
We still don't have much hair on top and pretty much nothing on the sides but there is now enough to do a couple of tiny pigtails in the back! They didn't last long but it was sure cute!
Check out my new tooth on the bottom left. Due to major fussing the last few days and those swollen gums I think there are probably some more teeth ready to pop through...hopefully soon!
This is a Kaitlynn trademark. She'll walk up to anyone, lay her head on your leg and say "hi" or "oohh" She sure knows how to melt your heart!



Tuesday was her last day at Kathy's house. We were so blessed to have such a wonderful person to care for Kaitlynn every day. We're going to miss her so much but are looking forward to her new adventures at Jennifer's house. She'll start there on Monday.
This is Braeden. His mom, Jennifer is going to be watching Kaitlynn for this next school year and summer school. There are also 2 other kids from Kathy's who are going there, too. I'm happy that Kaitlynn will already know the kids and loves playing with them!
Thanks for sharing in Kaitlynn's first year, Kathy. You'll always be a part of her life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Kaitlynn is quite the little lady now! She is talking so much! I love the videos, although I get so sad as I watch the time run up b/c my little moment with her is over:( I can't wait to see you this summer Kaitlynn! Happy early Anniversary Matt and Meg. Love you all!

Aunt Annie