Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2 months old




Mr. Hayden is actually now 10 weekths old. I can't believe how fast the time is going and how big he is getting already! We had his 2 month appt. last week and he weighs 13 pounds which is the 75%. His head and length are still in the 25th%. It took him a little longer to start smiling then Kaitlynn did at this age, but the last few days he's really started to smile a lot more which I just LOVE!!

He is still pretty laid back unless he needs something and then his high pitched scream will quickly let you know that he isn't happy! He hardly spits up and is not colicky...thank goodness!! The biggest battle we've had so far is helping him to not be so gassy. He gets pretty uncomfortable sometimes. We're considering trying some soy formula with him to see if that helps any.

Kaitlynn is still a great big sister. She loves to help get things for us and is really a big help in the car. She can now reach him to put the pacifier back in his mouth when he starts crying. Sometimes she even says "shh shh shh" and she's pretty proud of herself when he stops crying and is happy again!

I went back to school for the last 9 1/2 days and it actually went by pretty quickly. I'm so excited to have another 9 weeks at home with the kids. We're going on a family vacation with the Wiese side of the family and are planning trips to the zoo, play dates, swimming and lots of other fun stuff. Hopefully I'll have a little more time to share updates.

When I went back to work our families took turn coming down to help babysit the kids. We are so thankful that they were able and willing to take time off of work to come help us out!

Playing with the neighbor girl
Talking to Carter, the neighbor on the other side. He carried his lawn chair over to the fence and sat down to have a little chat with the ladies. Too cute!
Here are some pictures I took of my little guy yesterday. Thanks to Janice for the adorable outfit!

My little man is hanging out here next to me as I type this so I decided to tape him. I didn't catch a big smile on here, but you can hear him "talking"!

No comments: