Well...Dana and I "attempted" to do another craft show this past weekend, although we quickly learned that it probably isn't the best idea to do an outdoor event when everything we make is made out of paper!! It started raining about an hour into it and it continued to rain ALL day until it was time to pack up. Needless to say I only made $6.00 and Dana made a whopping $10.00. Oh yes...we also split the table cost of $50.00 so we both definitely ended up in the hole. We also had a little catastrophe when a wind gust came through and knocked over a metal rack that was holding ALL of my card sets and scrapbook pages. I ended up having to throw away about 1/2 of my cards because they had mud all over them. Thankfully I was able to save a few. Oh well...we now know of 2 INDOOR shows in November and December that we do well at so I think we've decided to just stick to those for now!
Please keep in mind that when this picture was taken we had already been sitting in the wetness and mud for about 4 hours!


Our entertainment for the day was watching a guy drive this red mini-van up on the side walk to "usher" in people who were supposed to be there giving out coupons and info about the Renaissance Fair. I understand that they didn't want to get their beautiful outfits wet and muddy but it was pretty hilarious because he was so serious about it! There were so many of them so he was coming and going all morning to drop them off and then he came all afternoon picking them back up in shifts! Some of his comments were "Now, I need you to go behind the door and then I'll open it from the front...Remember, the van is your biggest enemy...Now, you are going to walk around the front and go directly up the sidewalk to the door"
It was probably much funnier if you were there sitting with your feet in mud with nothing else to do but we enjoyed him!
Grandma Jean came down to watch Kaitlynn for us since Matt had to work on Saturday and she brought down the jumparoo thing. Kailtynn loves it! She will sit there for 15-20 min. at a time just looking and spinning around.

Please keep in mind that when this picture was taken we had already been sitting in the wetness and mud for about 4 hours!

Our entertainment for the day was watching a guy drive this red mini-van up on the side walk to "usher" in people who were supposed to be there giving out coupons and info about the Renaissance Fair. I understand that they didn't want to get their beautiful outfits wet and muddy but it was pretty hilarious because he was so serious about it! There were so many of them so he was coming and going all morning to drop them off and then he came all afternoon picking them back up in shifts! Some of his comments were "Now, I need you to go behind the door and then I'll open it from the front...Remember, the van is your biggest enemy...Now, you are going to walk around the front and go directly up the sidewalk to the door"It was probably much funnier if you were there sitting with your feet in mud with nothing else to do but we enjoyed him!
Grandma Jean came down to watch Kaitlynn for us since Matt had to work on Saturday and she brought down the jumparoo thing. Kailtynn loves it! She will sit there for 15-20 min. at a time just looking and spinning around.
No comments:
Post a Comment