Last weekend most of Matt's family came down for their annual World's of Fun trip. They all came for a cook-out at our house on Friday night. We had a great time!
I don't think anybody even likes her!
After she spit up all over her 1st outfit, I let Asha help me pick out a new one. I gave her about 5 options, all of which were pink except for one. She is definitely an Iowa girl because she picked out the Iowa Hawkeye outfit!!
Here's everyone checking out her new outfit!

Hanging out with her cousin David

Of course no one wanted to miss out on bath time, either!
Asha did a great job at helping because she is now the "big" cousin!
My mom came down to watch Kaitlynn for us on Mon.-Wed. because the babysitter couldn't start yet. We are so lucky to have parents who are so willing to help out even when they live 3 hours away. One night when she was here we were playing on the floor and Kaitlynn started laughing at Tucker. She just loves him and her eyes follow him wherever he goes. She has even started reaching out to pet him when he walks by! She has laughed at him before as he runs by but we haven't been able to capture it on video. I'm not sure if it's him running that she thinks is funny or if it's the sound of his tags rattling. Either way it's pretty cute!
My mom also brought her this adorable swimming suit. It even has a belt! I'm not sure if we'll make it to swim in the next few weeks but I decided to do a little photo shoot anyway!
Check out those lovable thighs...ha ha!

Yes...I do have my daddy's mouth!
Don't worry...I'm still bald
I don't think anybody even likes her!
After she spit up all over her 1st outfit, I let Asha help me pick out a new one. I gave her about 5 options, all of which were pink except for one. She is definitely an Iowa girl because she picked out the Iowa Hawkeye outfit!!
Here's everyone checking out her new outfit!
Hanging out with her cousin David
Of course no one wanted to miss out on bath time, either!
Asha did a great job at helping because she is now the "big" cousin!My mom came down to watch Kaitlynn for us on Mon.-Wed. because the babysitter couldn't start yet. We are so lucky to have parents who are so willing to help out even when they live 3 hours away. One night when she was here we were playing on the floor and Kaitlynn started laughing at Tucker. She just loves him and her eyes follow him wherever he goes. She has even started reaching out to pet him when he walks by! She has laughed at him before as he runs by but we haven't been able to capture it on video. I'm not sure if it's him running that she thinks is funny or if it's the sound of his tags rattling. Either way it's pretty cute!
My mom also brought her this adorable swimming suit. It even has a belt! I'm not sure if we'll make it to swim in the next few weeks but I decided to do a little photo shoot anyway!
Check out those lovable thighs...ha ha!
Yes...I do have my daddy's mouth!
Don't worry...I'm still baldI did survive my first day as a kindergarten teacher. I was absolutely exhausted when I got home last night and went to bed as soon as Kaitlynn did! Right now I have 18 students and they are just too cute. It is definitely different starting out the first day with kids who have NO idea what it means to walk in a line, sit on the floor, raise their hands, etc. I'm used to having some kind of control over this and now I have to be patient while they learn to do all of these things! I do think I'm going to really like it but it is a big adjustment. I learned a lot yesterday (mostly of what they can't do/handle yet!) I'm sure I'll have some funny stories after we go a whole week starting on Monday.
The funniest thing yesterday was a little boy who has no clue about walking in line. He would be in a spot when we left the room and then before you know it he is either on the other side of the hall looking at a bulletin board or all the way ahead of our class!
One of my girls also got stuck in the bathroom stall! I wasn't sure if the door really was stuck or if she just didn't know how to unlock it. Have you ever tried explaining this to a 5 year old? Finally I just had her climb out under the door. I went back in a few minutes later and the other girls were just climbing underneath the door, they'd do their business and then climb right back out. GROSS!!!
1 comment:
I'm glad you survived your first day as a kindergarten teacher! I love the picture where my aunt julie is holding kaitlynn showing everyone the outfit asha picked out. Kaitlynn looks like she's thinking.."Maybe if I don't move, they won't see me and I can escape" haha! In the video she looks like she is on the verge of crawling...Tucker better watch out! Love you all:)
- Aunt Annie
Post a Comment