All 3 of us were able to go up to Iowa for Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time visiting friends and family. It was nice that all of our meals were spread out over 3 days so that we could relax and take our time with everyone.

Meal #1 was with the Sewing family on Thursday afternoon. They hadn't seen Kaitlynn since she was a tiny baby so they were thrilled to see how much she's grown.

She gets NO attention!

We went over to my parent's house that night to spend some time with them and Ryan and Sarah.

Eating ALL of Aunt Sarah's apple crisp. We had to get Sarah a new helping after our little eater was finished!

Brrr...that's cold stuff!

"Nigh, Nigh" in Macee's bed!

Uncle Ryan attempted to do an airplane. Some day she'll think.this is the best thing in the world.

We went outdoors to have an impromptu lighting ceremony. It was pretty eventful!

She's really just not into getting her picture taken lately, which if you know me at all will understand how this doesn't really fit into my style. I have hope for future smiles which might be caught in the moment. We'll keep trying!
After Mom and I went shopping at 5:30 am. Friday morning we went to Matt's grandma's for dinner that night. She was the most excited to see Asha!

She loves her cousin Asha a LOT!

They were pretending to play night night. That's a new favorite at our house!

Oh my!

Daddy decided to give her a mohawk after the used her washcloth (which was covered in mashed potatoes) to wash the mess off of her head. She's so helpful! I'm just excited that there's enough hair there to actually stand up!
Saturday we went over to Mark and Diane's house for lunch. We got to meet Clayton's girlfriend and checked out the progress on their new house. We CAN'T wait for them to get all moved in. There are going to be some fun family gatherings there!

Hugging on her Aunt Diane

I think this is Spencer!

Great Grandad and Papa. Can you tell how much she loves her picture taken?!

It's a little blurry, but I still think she looked adorable all ready for church at Riverside on Sunday.

We decorated our tree before we left town for Thanksgiving so that it was all up and ready when we got home. We've found that this works much better for us! We let Kaitlynn "help" hang some soft ornaments on the bottom. So far I've caught her with some of the red beads around the back of her neck leaning in towards the tree once. We just let her think that those little white lights are really HOT and that has kept her away for the most part!


Here she is watching Barney, eating a "nana" confined to her high chair. Listening to Barney while decorating the tree was certainly a little different for Matt and I! Maybe it will be a new tradition for us??
Here are a couple videos for you. I hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment