Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Baby's Room/ Ice Day/ Blessings

We ended up with a snow day since it is pretty icy out and so I had some time to work on the mirrors for the baby's room.

I think they turned out really cute! I think we will have bookshelves underneath on this wall.

Here are some of the room items that we have at this point. The pink and brown baskets match perfectly and those are going to go on the shelves in the changing table. It's all starting to come along!


I love this picture! The green in the leaves we are going to use as an accent color to go with the pinks and browns.


Here is my trusty side kick. He follows me everywhere I go!


This is what I see when I look out our deck door. Thankfully the temperature has stayed warm enough that we didn't get as much ice build up as they thought we might.

BLESSINGS:
Matt and I had decided last year when we lost our baby that we wanted to find an Angel Tree or something similar each Christmas and donate a gift for a child that would be about the same age our baby would have been if it had lived.
The social worker at my school decided to do a wish tree this year since we had several families express a need for assistance with Christmas gifts. When I went in at lunch the other day to choose a gift I made a comment about there only being a couple of things left. Our preschool teacher said "Here Meghan, do you want this one since it's for a baby?" When I looked at the tag it said it was for a 5 month old baby. Our baby would have been about 4 months old right now. It's amazing how life works out sometimes.
We are so blessed and excited about the little girl that we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of in a couple of months. We will never forget our first pregnancy and the child we never got to know. I wish I could erase all of that pain and sadness, but I also know that we wouldn't have the opportunity to have our daughter in our lives if it wasn't for that first baby. God works in ways we just can't always understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mirrors are adorable!! Her room is going to be so darn cute!I can't wait to see her cute room and HER of corse. We are so excited and we can't wait to see this precious little girl! Hope things are going good. Ryan and I are still without power but my parent's power came on last night so we stayed there.We miss you guys and we will see you soon! Love ya,
Ry and Sarah :)