Thursday, May 1, 2008

Iowa Trip

I took Kaitlynn for her first trip to Iowa this past weekend. Overall I thought everything went pretty well. It did take us almost 5 hours to get there but that was my fault because I wanted to try to go pick up her pictures before we left since I knew we would be seeing everyone. That was a big mistake because that ended up taking an extra hour and the photographer wasn't even there to get our pictures. Oh...I'm learning quickly! Adding the extra hour in completely threw off Kaitlynn's schedule and then we ended up having to stop 2 times along the way. The good news is that she slept the ENTIRE trip home on Monday!

Kaitlynn had a very busy weekend but she got to see almost all of her aunts, uncles, grandparents and even great-grandparents!

Here she is snuggling with Grandpa Ken

Kaitlynn with Grandma Jean and Great-Grandma Wiese
This picture just ended up being good timing on my part. How can you say no when she makes a face like this??
Just chillin' with Grandma Cindy

Her great Aunt Diane, Uncle Mark and cousin Spencer even got to come out for dinner Friday evening!
She loves her Aunt Annie. The whole point of us going up to Iowa was for Annie's bridal shower on Saturday. Unfortunately, I think a lot of the attention was on Kaitlynn more than Annie. We are so excited for Annie and Jake's wedding in June. It will be here soon!

Yes...ALL of the aunts faught over her for about 3 hours during the shower. It was a little crazy!
Even cousin Jenna got to hold her 3 times. She thought she would be able to fight off the aunts to even hold her once!!

Here she is with Great-Grandma Clouse


Great-Grandma and Great-Grandad Clouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.