Well...our little girl apparently isn't so little anymore! We took her for her 4 month check-up on Wednesday and she did so good. She smiled at Dr. Powell the whole time that he checked her and then she just laid on the table while we waited for them to bring in her shots and she squealed and laughed the whole time because she loved the sound of the paper crinkling underneath her!Matt and I made a bet before we left about how much we though she would weigh. I went with under 15 lbs. and he picked over 15 lbs. Matt won the bet!! She weighs 15 lbs. 6 oz. Wow! That is in the 90th percentile. She has gotten a little longer and is now 23 3/4 inches which is 10-20th percentile. At least her head is normal size! Ha ha!
We went to dinner with James, Sarah, Noah and McKenna last night. I can't believe McKenna is already 3 weeks old. She's so cute!
Here's Noah...he loved playing with Kaitlynn while we were eating.
Snoozin' with dad right before we left the restaurant!
We tried to get a good picture of her and McKenna but we just couldn't get Kaitlynn to wake up. We couldn't believe how much bigger she looked than tiny little McKenna!
After dinner we stopped at the grocery store and she was still sleeping so I stayed in the car with her. Of course she woke up about 5 min. later so I climbed in the backseat and we played for a bit.During the summer some of the teachers from my school have gotten together a couple of times for play group. Everybody came over to our house on Tuesday. Here are some pictures of Averi and Kaitlynn. Averi is almost exactly a year older then Kaitlynn so it's fun to see what kinds of things she is doing now and then I can think about what Kaitlynn might be doing next summer!

She wanted to give Kaitlynn kisses all day! I'm watching Averi Saturday evening and I'm sure there will be a lot more kisses then, too!
Family time on the couchWe decided to try some cereal yesterday morning to see how she did with it. Dr. Powell thought that she was ready for it and she's eating 7 oz. bottles so we decided we'd go ahead and try.
Here's the before picture!
I don't think much even made it into her mouth. I tried again this morning and it was a little bit thicker. She actually did much better with that.
3 comments:
Kaitlynn!!!! You are so darn cute and I have been showing your pictures off to everyone!!WE miss you guys lots....especially Kaitlynn. :) We want to come down and see you guys sometime soon. We are going to be at the lake with my family part of this week and this weekend. Hopefully, maybe the next weekend we can come see you guys! miss ya! Sarah :)
Oh my gosh, Kaitlynn is growing so fast! She just gets cuter every month. Maybe it's just me but her hair was looking a little redder in those pics, hmmmm. Maybe Grandma Jean got her wish:) Love you guys!!
- Aunt Annie
I think the 'after' picture is Kaitlynn doing her "This-is-how-grandpa-Ken-looks-when-he-eats" routine. Except she is so precious and adorable even with food on her face, which grandpa isn't even when cleaned up. Love ya Kaitlynn! See ya in a few days! Love -- Granpa Ken
Post a Comment