Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

Kaitlynn and I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! We drove up to Iowa Friday evening and came back on Sunday afternoon. Matt had to work so he stayed here. We hadn't been back since Christmas so our weekend was filled with driving around to see all of our family. We'll be back several times this summer so it won't be so long next time!

This post is in reverse order. I didn't feel like switching all of the pictures around this time!
Happy Mother's Day with Mommy, Kaitlynn, Grammy and Great Grandma Wiese at the pancake breakfast at St. Pat's Church.
Giving Asha "high fives" She's getting really good at them and even tries to give them to strangers while we're shopping!
Don't worry, she gets NO attention!
The Wiese clan took up 3 tables and we weren't even all there!
Trying to escape with Aunt Janice
Being a mother is the best thing I've ever been blessed with. I never thought you could love someone so much. She is just so amazing!
Check out all that hair! It's actually really cute with a little bow in it, but she will NOT keep them in anymore. Every time she yanks it out hair comes with it. The other day 11 hairs came out with the bow. This is a big problem because we need EVERY single hair that is growing up there!
Saturday evening we went over to Grammy and Grandpa's to play for a while.
This was her first time in Grammy's new swing. Although, she wasn't so sure about it. We're thinking about putting one up under our deck but I think she needs some more practice before she will really enjoy it!
Grandpa Ken had a knee replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago. He was very excited to see Miss Kaitlynn.
This was also her first encounter with a cat. She stared at Toby for a very long time. Eventually she started pulling his hair out and handing it to me. The poor little guy just laid there and let her do it!
Saturday morning we went over to the farm to visit my side of the family. Spencer came back from Iowa State for the weekend. I love this picture!
Mark and Diane are building a new house and we are so excited for them! We spent most of the afternoon looking through paint colors, blind samples, counter tops, etc. and even got to help them pick out some combinations. I can't wait to see it all put together! Kaitlynn even helped pick out some light fixtures.
Aunt Diane gave her a cute new little skirt and shirt for this summer. I think she was more impressed with the gift bag she chose to wear as a hat with the help of Great Grandma Clouse.
"How big is Kaitlynn?" When asked this question she puts her hands on her ears instead of up in the air. We'll keep practicing!
This is my new favorite! Doing patty cake with her Great Grandad Clouse. So cute!
Sleeping on the way up to Iowa with her burp rag on her head.
Last Thursday was her first day with her car seat turned around to face forward. As you can see, she was pretty proud of herself!

We are also so excited for Jo, Jarred, and Emma Lee and the arrival of Olivia Lillian Lee! She was born last week and is beautiful! We got to go up to the hospital to visit them.
Emma is such a good big sister.
Giving Olivia a "mooch" I'm sure it is the first of many to come!
So sweet!
This was last week right before bed time. I usually fold the laundry on the guest bed and then put it away. Although, I'm going to have to be much quicker about the putting away part. My sweet little pumpkin loves to pull all the clean and folded clothes onto the floor and then throw them around and even sometimes dresses herself in them. This night she ended up with another set of pj's around her neck!

The most exciting news of the week is that we got our new fence put up! It is a 4 ft. picket fence and it was probably the best money we have ever spent. Tucker is loving being able to just be free and run around. I can't tell you how excited I am to not have to untangle him in the rain, mud, snow, dark, heat, etc. Even though we can still see all of our neighbors (including the ones who think we live in the country with a campfire complete with tree stump seats, 2 boats, archery seat things in the trees, trampoline and even 3 live ducks with a little swimming pool...I couldn't joke about this!) it still seems like our own little space.

We have a lot more landscaping to do this summer, but it will be fun to have some new projects to work on together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Kaitlynn with the bow in her hair!!! When I saw her in her new car seat it made me realize how fast she growing:( I am beyond excited to see her this summer!

xoxo
Aunt Annie

dana said...

I noticed all the hair on her head before you even wrote the comment! Love her matching dress - we will ahve to get them both in it!! I use those little tiny rubberbands and then put a bow in and Courtney doesn't rip that out! Can't wait to see your fence and let Courtney run around - contained!

Meghan said...

Aunt Annie- we can't wait to see you, either! We'll make sure to come up for hopefully most of the time you are here. Yeah! I'm so excited!

Dana- I can't wait to get the girls in their matching dresses, as well. They'll be adorable! Let me know when you want to come over and the girls can run around!