Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kaitlynn Update/Pictures/New Job




We thought this hat was so cute on her that we had her wear it most of the day yesterday!! It's still kind of big even though it's newborn size so I took it off a couple of times to feed her, etc. and Matt kept putting it on her because he liked it so much!
Here are Kaitlynn and Courtney all ready for our lunch date last week!

Matt's aunt Mary and her kids came to visit a friend last weekend and were able to stop by to visit.
Asha loved to hold her. She's going to have an adjustment to not being the "baby" cousin anymore!


Here's her second cousin, Stephen.

Kaitlynn is doing awesome! She is happy most of the time unless she needs something. We weighed her a couple of days ago and she was up to 6lbs. 12 oz. We're almost back to her birth weight...yay!!! I am still pumping some but she is mostly on formula now. I've decided that as long as she's happy and growing then I'm happy too.

We went this afternoon to get her pictures taken. She did so good and was awake for most of them. The photographer was great and so patient with her. She even laid down heating pads underneath Kaitlynn so she would stay warm. We go back on Monday to see the proofs and start our order. We have a $200 gift certificate to use there that I won at a craft show last year. I can't wait to see them!!!

Since we haven't had enough changes lately I guess God felt that I needed another one. I found out yesterday that I'm going to have to teach kindergarten next year...aaaahhhh!!! I still have to call my principal and figure out the details but it looks like I'm going to have to pack up my classroom now and move to the other side of the building.

5 comments:

Grandpa Ken said...

There is absolutely no doubt about it --- little Kaitlynn is the most beautiful, adorable, wonderful little Granddaughter in the whole entire world!!! And that is a totally impartial observation from Grandpa Ken :-) I absolutely love her to pieces! I've got her pictures on the wall of my cube at work, as background and screensavers on my work and home computers,on my laptop and on my cellphone. Everytime I look at one of them I can't help smiling, and every time someone stops at my desk they always tell me what a beautiful Grandbaby I have. I just smile and reply modestly, "Yeah,I know." And now I have a whole new bunch of picture to show at the team staff meeting tomorrow -- as well as candy bars with "Grandpa's Little Darlin' Kaitlynn Nicole" wrappers on them to hand out to everyone! Thank You God and Meghan and Matt for giving us beautiful little Kaitlynn and making me a very, very happy and proud Grandpa!--- Grandpa Ken

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!!!!! She is so adorable!! I have been getting on here everyday to see is there were new pics!! I think we are coming so see you guys this weekend! I am so excited to see little Kaitlynn and hold her! It seems like it has been forever since we have seen her. Glad to hear you guys are doing so good! See you soon!!

P.S. Did I mention that she is so stinkin cute!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Meghan I forgot to put my name I guess I just asume you know it's me...haha! It's Sarah if you didn't know!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan-
Congratulations. She is beautiful. I have all boys and would love to have a little girl. Enjoy her!!
So I went from 5th grade to preschool, and after 3 years, had to pack up my room and move to a whole other building. I think you will like kindergarten, but then I am an early childhood person. Hope all goes well. Enjoy your summer with her-they grow so fast!

Ariana said...

SOOOO cute!