We've had a great time and also stressful time being home our first few days with Kaitlynn. Here's a brief review...
Monday- came home from hospital
Tuesday- saw cardiologist and were told she might have tumors or a very serious virus but found out she is doing very well and does have an irregular heartbeat but it should clear up in a few months. I almost passed out walking through the hospital and had to sit in a pediatric wheel chair...fun times!
Wednesday- took her to pediatrician because she was getting much more yellow colored and hadn't pooped in over 2 days. We found out her weight had dropped down from 7.1 to 5.12. We started supplementing with formula and within an hour she was a whole new baby. She had been screaming constantly and now she was all of a sudden content and calm. We also had to go get her jaundice level checked again and it had went up since she lost so much weight.
Thursday- We had to go get her level checked again, but it had gone down 1 pt. which was great. She started to only want her bottle and not breast feeding any more.
Friday- Took her back to pediatrician to get her weight checked and it was up to 6.2.
Saturday- Decided to finally give up breastfeeding because she didn't want anything to do with it and I was getting too stressed out and she was getting frustrated, too. I continued to pump and wasn't getting much. I have had a really rough time with having to make that decision.
Monday- Went back to pediatrician and her weight is back up to 6.9. We are still giving her formula and I'm pumping as well. I have a very low milk supply so she only gets about 1 oz. every other feeding, but the doctor said that it will be very helpful if I at least keep doing that for the next couple of weeks. I'm definitely going to do that and then we'll see how we feel.
Tuesday- We had our first outing with Dan, Dana and Courtney to go eat lunch at Panera. It was fun to do something other than going to the doctor!
2 comments:
I understand the fun with jaundice - Kileigh had to be under lights for 2 days....that was NO fun. And the constant trips to the doctor.
She is a cutie!
AWWWW Kaitlynn is soo cute!!! I can't wait to see her again! Hope you guys are doing good! We miss you!
Love,
Sarah :)
Post a Comment